Friday, October 31, 2008

Swiss Army Toilet for People with the Space Crunch: Vertabrae

I can't help it if I have a small bathroom. I'm living one of the highest rental cities in the world! Ulgh... Would love to have something like this. A vertical toilet, where I can store my toiletries... and NO, I don't happen to have space for that in my bathroom.

My bathroom HAS to be clean, I get paranoid if it isn't, thus I store my creams, masks, makeup, etc... OUTSIDE my bathroom. For those who have visited would know exactly what I'm talking about. Paul Hernon took into consideration the small sizes of most apartments while designing this. The Vertabrae includes a toilet, a sink, water cistern and two showers. $16,000USD for this whole unit. Not too bad if it includes everything, as most of these together would probably be about the same, minus the clutter. I must say, what a good design.

Utilizing the vertical space instead of horizontal floor space the stack looks impressive and easy to maintain. Of the two showers included one is meant for adults and the other for children. Both rotate 180 degrees however all the other units rotate a full 360 degrees.

All the piping work is concealed in the steel column, and each part simply pushes out when it is required. The Vertebrae is expected to hit the shelves next year. Bespoke versions will be available with shaving mirrors, lights and other additions.

No comments: